Join our Volunteer team, creating fun and memorable guest experiences at the Zoo.
This summer, join our flexible and fun short-term adult Volunteer opportunity in the Wildlife Health Centre WOW Gallery. You can choose your day(s) and shifts that suit you best and easily sign-up online. Learn more about the program in the description below.
Volunteer Wildlife Health Centre Interpreters
Toronto Zoo Volunteer Wildlife Health Centre Interpreters showcase the incredible work that goes on behind-the-scenes at the Zoo’s state-of-the-art health care facility. Stationed in the Wildlife Health Centre viewing gallery, these Volunteers interpret the clinical areas on view and facilitate activities for kids and families. Background knowledge of human or animal health care is an asset but not required.
Term: Mid-May to October 31 Hours: 50 per term
Qualities of a successful Toronto Zoo Volunteer
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Organized with the ability to take direction well
- Appreciation for wildlife and nature and the desire to learn more
- Good verbal communication skills in English
- This opportunity is for adults and is not appropriate for secondary school students.
Perks and Requirements for Short-term Volunteers:
- Weekday and weekend, morning and afternoon shifts are available. Volunteers select their own preferred day(s) and times to complete their duties and sign up online.
- Training is provided.
- Zoo Volunteers receive free admission for themselves and two guests, as well as free Zoomobile rides and a discount at the Zoo shop.
- Successful applicants for this and all Zoo Volunteer opportunities are required to obtain a satisfactory Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector search at their own expense before carrying out any Volunteer duties.
- Toronto Zoo is accessible and welcomes Volunteers of all physical abilities. Volunteers must be able to move themselves throughout the Zoo’s large site.
- Zoo Volunteers fulfill an educational role and do not have contact with our plants or animals, nor behind-the-scenes access to the Wildlife Health Centre.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a Volunteer Wildlife Health Centre Interpreter. Recruitment is now open for this program. Please click here to access the online application. Applications are due by Thursday, March 31, 2022 (11:59pm EST). We look forward to receiving your application for the 2022 summer season.
Are you interested in a more in-depth volunteer experience? Check out our Year-Round Volunteer and Summer Information Volunteer opportunities.