Join the Zoo’s diverse team of active and outgoing adult Volunteers creating champions for wildlife!
Toronto Zoo Volunteers...
- connect kids and adults to the natural world by sharing important conservation messages on guided tours or at the many on-site interpretive stations
- greet guests, provide directional assistance and help with plans to make the most of their day at the Zoo
- support on-site and off-site events to engage the community to join us and support our conservation work
- embody the Zoo's mission everyday by connecting people, animals, and conservation science to fight extinction
Requirements & Perks:
- Flexible commitment of 2 to 4 shifts per month (min 75 hours per yr. for 2 yrs.)
- Training is provided.
- No contact with our plants or animals.
- Zoo Volunteers receive free admission for themselves and a guest as well as free Zoomobile rides and a discount at the Zoo shop.
- Successful applicants for this and all Zoo Volunteer opportunities are required to obtain a satisfactory Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector search at their own expense before carrying out any Volunteer duties.
- The Toronto Zoo requires mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for all employees and Volunteers
- Toronto Zoo is accessible and welcomes Volunteers of all physical abilities. Volunteers must be able to move themselves throughout the Zoo’s large site.
- Year-Round Volunteer Training involves both in-class components and on-site hands on practical sessions through which trainees learn the animal knowledge and interpretive skills required for their role.
- Volunteer applicants must complete all weeks of training before volunteering at the Zoo.
- Weekend training program: the 8-week program runs on Saturdays during the period of October 1 to December 10, 2022
- Weekday training program: the 10-week program runs on Fridays from November 4, 2022 to February 10, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Toronto Zoo as a Year-Round Volunteer. Recruitment is now open for the Year-Round Volunteer program. Please click here to access the online application. Applications for the Weekend program are due Friday, September 16, 2022. Applications for the weekday program are due by Saturday, September 24, 2022. We look forward to receiving your application for the 2022-2023 Year-Round Volunteer program.
Click here to learn more about this program