Interact with, inspire, and educate Zoo visitors on afternoons and evenings at our outdoor interactive interpretive stations.
Requirements & Perks:
- A Volunteer opportunity for individuals aged 19 years or older.
- Commitment of 1 shift per week from May to August.
- Training is provided.
- Volunteers do not have any direct contact with the Zoo's plants or animals.
- Zoo Volunteers receive free admission for themselves and a guest as well as free Zoomobile rides and a discount at the Zoo shop.
- Successful applicants for this and all Zoo Volunteer opportunities are required to obtain a satisfactory Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector search at their own expense before carrying out any Volunteer duties.
- Weekday and weekend afternoon shifts are available to Summer Information Volunteers. Volunteers select their own preferred day(s) and afternoon shift to complete their duties and sign up online.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a Summer Information Volunteer. Recruitment for this program is now closed. The next recruitment for an adult Volunteer program will be for the Year-Round Volunteer program which will open in early fall 2023. Please continue to check this page for updates. We look forward to receiving your application when recruitment does re-open.
- Summer Information Volunteer Training involves both in-class and on-site components through which trainees learn the animal knowledge and interpretive skills required for their role.
- Volunteer applicants must complete all three days of training before volunteering at the Zoo.