This holiday season, come out to the Toronto Zoo Holiday Drive-Thru for a family-friendly and COVID safe experience! See the beauty of winter at The Toronto Zoo as you and your family drive through our special holiday route from the safety and warmth of your own vehicle.
Drive past our 35 Foot tall Toronto Zoo Christmas Tree and our new Holiday Marketplace on your way to see Santa Claus himself! Make sure you bring your letter to Santa for a COVID safe drop off!*
After a drive by-visit with Santa, you will continue on through the Zoo to see a few special sights: Santa’s cottage where some of his reindeer (caribou) reside and our Enrichment Toy Workshop where you can see some of our Toronto Zoo Elves making toys for our animals.
Along the way, we will be accepting donations of non-perishable food items and toys for families in need. We encourage you to bring items and show the holiday spirit by helping out those in your community! Food donations will be going to Second Harvest and toy donations will be going to the Toronto Firefighters Toy Drive.
Revenue from this experience goes towards the operating costs and care of our animals. The Toronto Zoo is a not-for-profit organization that works towards connecting people, animals and conservation science to fight extinction.
Join us this holiday season to experience the beauty of the Zoo in winter and celebrate in a safe and fun way!
Length of Experience: 15-20 minute drive through experience (please note there may be delays along the route to see Santa and your experience times may vary)
Price: Members: $20.00 per Car and Non-Members: $25.00 per Car
Dates: November 28th to December 21st 2020
Times: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm (timed tickets must be pre-purchased online in advance).
Location: Experience begins at The Toronto Zoo Drop Off Loop (Zoo Rd, Scarborough Ontario M1B 5S4 for GPS).
What To Bring: BYOC (Bring Your Own Car), Food and Toy Donations for local families in need, a Letter to Santa*, a camera to take photos of Santa Claus and the sights of the Toronto Zoo, a smart phone or device to listen to the Toronto Zoo Holiday Podcast (Podcast can be downloaded from Spotify, Google Podcast and Apple Podcast) or a radio to listen to our proud sponsor: Toronto’s Christmas Music Station 98.1 CHFI.
What Not To Bring: Pets, an empty tank of gas, a Scrooge or a Grinch, people outside of your immediate household or bubble.
*Letter to Santa accepted only Until Dec 10th 2020
Letters must include your name and return address on the letter and envelope and include Santa’s Mailing address;
*Postage not required.
See canadapost.ca for full details on the Letter to Santa Program.
**Please note: This experience does not go by any animal exhibits other than Caribou and due to weather and other circumstances these animals may not be visible during the experience.
Listen to a guided audio tour during your Holiday Drive-Thru with our Wild For Life podcast!
PODCAST AVAILABLE HERE:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All persons entering the property, grounds and facilities do so entirely at their own risk and choose to do so under these conditions. No liability for loss, injury or damage will be accepted. The Toronto Zoo, the City of Toronto, and the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority are not responsible for damage to vehicles.
- In the event of a medical emergency, please stay inside your vehicle if feasible, and contact Toronto Zoo Safety & Security at 416-392-5902 for emergency assistance.
- If your vehicle breaks down on the route, do not get out of your vehicle. Call Toronto Zoo Safety & Security at 416-392-5902 and wait for assistance.
- Vehicle dimensions must not exceed height of 7 feet and width of 9 feet. Motorcycles are not permitted on the drive thru route.
- Only members of the same household should travel in the same vehicle.
- Do not participate in the drive thru if you or anyone in the household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or self isolating.
- Please leave pets at home as they are not permitted on zoo grounds.
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times. Keep all windows closed while on the drive thru route. For guest safety, all tailgate, van/car doors, and hatchbacks must remain closed at all times.
- Please keep noise to a minimum, use of your horn is prohibited. Exhaust system must not emit excessive noise. We reserve the right to escort guests off of Zoo grounds if we determine excessive noise is produced by guests or their vehicles.
- Follow the guided route and do not exceed the maximum speed limit of 5 km/h.
- Obey all signs and staff direction.
- Please help keep the zoo clean. Keep all waste or recyclables in your car and properly dispose of your trash in a trashcan or recycle container after leaving Zoo grounds. Be responsible stewards of the environment.
- The Toronto Zoo is smoke and vaporizer free. Smoking of any kind is not permitted on zoo grounds including in your vehicle.
- Alcohol is not permitted on zoo property. We reserve the right to escort guests off of zoo grounds if they are found to be disregarding our policies.
- Any behaviour that disrupts another guest’s enjoyment, is seen as harmful to the animals, or breaks any of the City of Toronto bylaws or Federal or Provincial law, may result in immediate ejection from the Zoo and could lead to prosecution. For a full list of bylaws please click here
- Experience is rain or shine
- Please note not all the animals may be visible on the route
- If you require assistance while on site please call 416-392-5901. If you have a general enquiry before your experience please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Guest Relations at (416) 392-5932.