Larval Amphibians - Frogs and ToadsReport your sighting!
Leopard FrogLithobates pipiens
- Tadpole length 45-55mm, max. 84mm; eyes dorsal
- Body greenish to brown with whitish belly; white line above lip may be visible near metamorphosis
- Tail musculature mottled with dark spots; tail fin clear with dark spots and flecks; dorsal fin slightly arched .
- Intestinal coil may be visible; vent dextral; tooth rows: 2/3
- Eggs: 300-1000 laid in a loosely formed globular cluster anchored to vegetation or twigs a short distance (<10cm) under water or at the surface; deposited throughout habitat
- Habitat: ponds, marshes, and bays of rivers and lakes
Learn about my adult form