Frogs and ToadsReport your sighting!
Boreal chorus frogPseudacris maculata
- Tadpole length 25-30mm; eyes lateral
- Body is dark brown with dark spots, to black; light gray to bronze belly
- Tail musculature distinctly bicoloured, darker on top than on bottom; tail fin clear with small black dots, slightly arched in first third of tail
- Intestinal coil visible; vent dextral; tooth rows: 2/2 or 2/3
- Eggs: 200-300 laid in small loose cluster masses, attached to plants or leaves on bottom of shallow ponds
- Habitat: shallow edges of ponds, marshes, ditches, and flooded fields