Welcome to the (Virtual) Toronto Zoo
Bring the Zoo into your classroom and learn about the wonderful wildlife while having a little fun too! The Zoo offers multiple ways of connecting with the animals and learning curriculum related information from the comfort and safety of your device. Just choose an option and we will be excited to welcome you to the Toronto Zoo!
Virtual School Workshop: This virtual visit will cover a chosen curriculum-related topic and feature unique animals to help interpret the information to the group.
- Approximately 40-minute virtual visit to a section of the Zoo with discussion of a topic selected by you. This will include a Q&A session near the end of the tour.
- A Zoo-hosted virtual platform (for example, Zoom) that you will connect to for up to 100 devices OR you can invite the Zoo to join your hosted connection if you prefer to manage your group during the tour.
- Additional resource package that includes videos and activities that will enhance the live learning experience (sent directly to account holder after registration).
Virtual Meet & Greet: Join the Zoo for a short visit and have an animal ambassador make a special appearance! Choose from a selection of ambassadors and, at your next connection, you might have a hippo say hi or a giraffe say good day!
Meet & Greets Include:
- A 15-minute appearance of a type of animal selected by you.
- The opportunity for you to ask questions about the animal during the 15-minute appearance.
- A Zoo-hosted virtual platform (for example, Zoom) that you will connect to for up to 100 devices OR you can invite the Zoo to join your hosted connection if you prefer to manage your group during the connection.
Please note: Tours can be on a Zoo-hosted platform, participants will be contacted and given a link to access the tour in advance of the start time if the Zoo is hosting the tour.
Virtual Programs Important Information
Must be 18 years or older to purchase virtual programs but there are no age restrictions for guests viewing the virtual program.
All Virtual Programs must be registered a minimum of 7 days in advance of selected program date.
Virtual Programs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another date and time if your preferred selection is not available.