Saturday March 8th to Sunday March 16th, 2014
Parks Canada Event Hours 10:00am to 4:00pm
Event Hours 10:00am to 4:00pm
Zoo March Break Hours 9:30am to 6:00pm (last admission 5pm)
When making plans this March Break don't forget to visit the world famous Toronto Zoo, and visit our new baby polar bear cub! Come and see first-hand what has made this adorable little cub a world-wide sensation. On hand for the fun will be our partner Parks Canada who will be heading up a special March Break Activity Centre where you can get one of four Species at Risk temporary tattoos, including the polar bear. Find out how the Toronto Zoo works with Parks Canada to help save many native Canadian species, and how you can contribute to the protection and recovery of these animals and their habitats. Plus you can visit Toronto's favourite giant panda pair, Er Shun and Da Mao, as they enjoy their first ever Canadian March Break.
Toronto Zoo and Parks Canada: Working Together to Protect Wildlife
Conservation Connection Centre Activity
- Free Wildlife Airbrush tattoos: Get "inked" with your favourite Canadian wildlife. Choose a special Toronto Zoo tattoo.
- Walk in the Dark: Search for Prairie creatures of the night in search of the Black-Footed Ferret
- Get involved! Join Parks Canada's volunteers in true conservation work as we build protective nest enclosures for Blanding's turtles
- Tag a snake! Learn snake monitoring techniques
- Plunge into Polar Bear Science: Can you "bear" the cold? Test your abilities and knowledge about polar bears and participate in tracking polar bears in the wild
Panda Interpretive Centre
- Come meet Parks Canada's, Parka - she's fun, adventurous and loves the outdoors! along with the Toronto Zoo Panda mascot.
PLUS Enter to win great prizes from Parks Canada
*Please note event subject to change without notice and animals may be off display due to extreme weather conditions.
Canadian Species at Risk - and how YOU can help: