Take a drive on the wild side!
Looking to get out of the house for a safe adventure? Now you can with our NEW Toronto Zoo Scenic Safari. Take a tour around the Zoo from the comfort of your own car with your very own Zoo Keeper commentary to learn about animals as you pass through the variety of Zoogeographic areas!
You’ll see the Zoo from a whole new perspective as you drive on staff-only roads, through the Zoo site, and even through the lion cave! Keep your eyes peeled at every turn, like you are on a real-life African safari – only this time, it’s with a variety of animals from around the world!What you need to know:
- Tickets are available online only! Tickets are not being sold on site
- BYOC (Bring your own car) Vehicle dimensions must not exceed 7ft. high or 9ft. wide
- Safari patrons will not be allowed to leave their car at any point during the Safari
- Washrooms will only be available prior to the safari
- The tour is approximately 45 mins
- Listen to a guided audio tour during your Scenic Safari through our Wild For Life podcast!
- Please read the Scenic Safari Terms and Conditions below
- Still have questions? Please visit our questions and answers page here
$44 Non-Member, $32 Member
Car with 3 or more occupants
$59 Non-Member, $47 Member
Scenic Safari Terms and Conditions
- All persons entering the property, grounds and facilities do so entirely at their own risk and choose to do so under these conditions. No liability for loss, injury or damage will be accepted. The Toronto Zoo, the City of Toronto, and the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority are not responsible for damage to vehicles.
- In the event of a medical emergency, please stay inside your vehicle if feasible, and contact Toronto Zoo Safety & Security at 416-392-5902 for emergency assistance.
- If your vehicle breaks down on the route, do not get out of your vehicle. Call Toronto Zoo Safety & Security at 416-392-5902 and wait for assistance.
- Vehicle dimensions must not exceed height of 7 feet and width of 9 feet. Motorcycles are not permitted on the drive thru route.
- Only members of the same household should travel in the same vehicle. Do not participate in the drive thru if you or anyone in the household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or self isolating.
- Please leave pets at home as they are not permitted on zoo grounds.
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times. Keep all windows closed while on the drive thru route. For guest safety, all tailgate, van/car doors, and hatchbacks must remain closed at all times.
- Please keep noise to a minimum, use of your horn is prohibited. Exhaust system must not emit excessive noise. We reserve the right to escort guests off of Zoo grounds if we determine excessive noise is produced by guests or their vehicles.
- Follow the guided route and do not exceed the maximum speed limit of 16 km/h.
- Obey all signs and staff direction.
- Please help keep the zoo clean. Keep all waste or recyclables in your car and properly dispose of your trash in a trashcan or recycle container after leaving Zoo grounds. Be responsible stewards of the environment.
- The Toronto Zoo is smoke and vaporizer free. Smoking of any kind is not permitted on zoo grounds including in your vehicle.
- Alcohol is not permitted on zoo property. We reserve the right to escort guests off of zoo grounds if they are found to be disregarding our policies.
- Any behaviour that disrupts another guest’s enjoyment, is seen as harmful to the animals, or breaks any of the City of Toronto bylaws or Federal or Provincial law, may result in immediate ejection from the Zoo and could lead to prosecution. For a full list of bylaws please click here
- Experience is rain or shine
- Please note not all the animals may be visible on the route