Toronto Zoo Weekly Feature - Wednesday, 2014-03-12
Spend some quality time with our giant pandas, gorilla baby and polar bear cub PLUS enjoy daily animal encounters this March Break!
Saturday March 8th to Sunday March 16th, 2014
Event Hours: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Zoo March Break Extended Hours 9:30am to 6:00pm (last admission 5pm)
When making plans this March Break don't forget to visit the world famous Toronto Zoo, and visit our new baby polar bear cub! On hand for the fun will be our partner Parks Canada who will be heading up a special March Break Activity Centre where you can get one of four Species at Risk temporary tattoos, including the polar bear. Find out how the Toronto Zoo works with Parks Canada to help save many native Canadian species, and how you can contribute to the protection and recovery of these animals and their habitats. Plus you can visit Toronto's favourite giant panda pair, Er Shun and Da Mao, as they enjoy their first ever Canadian March Break.
Toronto Zoo and Parks Canada: Working Together to Protect Wildlife
Conservation Connection Centre Activity:
- Free Wildlife Airbrush tattoos: Get "inked" with your favourite Canadian wildlife. Choose a special Toronto Zoo tattoo.
- Walk in the Dark: Search for Prairie creatures of the night in search of the Black-Footed Ferret.
- Get involved! Join Parks Canada's volunteers in true conservation work as we build protective nest enclosures for Blanding's turtles.
- Tag a snake! Learn snake monitoring techniques.
- Plunge into Polar Bear Science: Can you "bear" the cold? Test your abilities and knowledge about polar bears and participate in tracking polar bears in the wild.
Panda Interpretive Centre:
- Come meet Parks Canada's, Parka - she's fun, adventurous and loves the outdoors! along with the Toronto Zoo Panda mascot.
PLUS - Spring may not be in the air outdoors, but it is at our indoor tropical pavilions! Visit our Orchid Extravaganza to spot over 90 orchids throughout our Malayan Woods pavilion until the end of March Break. Come and see if you can spot them all this weekend!