Canada’s national leader in saving wildlife to ensure the rich diversity of nature for future generations.
We want to know what you think about the Zoo! Take our Visitor Experience Survey HERE
and receive a 10% OFF
gift shop coupon as a token of our appreciation.
Please be advised the Toronto Zoo will become a smoke-free property for our guests starting on May 1, 2019. Learn more here
WILDLIFE HEALTH CENTRE VIEWING GALLERY CLOSURE
Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26, 2019
Please be advised that the Wildlife Health Centre Viewing Gallery will be closed for Doors Open Toronto
and it will re-open on Monday, 2019-05-27. Those wishing to take part in Doors Open Toronto
must enter via the Administrative Complex located at 361A Old Finch Ave. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please note that the Zoo’s hours on Saturday, June 1, 2019 will be 10:00am to 7:00pm.
The Zoo is hosting a private event for SickKids Hospital from 8:00am to 10:00am.
The Toronto Zoo is set in the beautiful Rouge Valley. The
Main Entrance is located on Meadowvale Road, Toronto, north
of Highway 401 (Exit #389 eastbound and westbound). The Zoo is
accessible by car and public transit.
2000 Meadowvale Rd, Toronto, ON M1B 5K7
361A Old Finch Avenue
For T.T.C. information call (416) 393-4636 or visit ttc.ca
For Go Transit call (416) 869-3200 or visit gotransit.com
TTC bus schedule departing from the Zoo as follows:
86A: 7:18pm (weekdays); 8:07pm (Saturdays); 8:00pm (Sundays)
85: 8:11pm (Saturdays); 7:56pm (Sundays) [Note – no weekday services]
The Zoo has over 5,000 animals representing over 450 species. At the Toronto Zoo we are dedicated to providing the animals in our care with the means to live long and enriching lives. Visitors may come across animal feedings (which could include the feeding of prey items), breeding activities or other natural behaviours when visiting the Zoo.
There are over 10 km (six miles) of walking trails.
287 hectares (710 acres). One of the largest zoos in the world.
Explore the Discovery Zone, featuring the Kids Zoo, a dynamic, interactive children's wildlife experience,
Splash Island, an exciting two-acre water play area and the Waterside
Theatre, home of exciting family entertainment.
There are seven gift shops and kiosks located throughout the Zoo site.
Exhibits and Layout:
The Zoo is divided into seven zoogeographic regions: Indo-Malaya, Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Eurasia, Canadian Domain and the Tundra Trek. Animals are displayed indoors in tropical pavilions and outdoors in naturalistic environments, with viewing at many levels.
There are four rides: Gorilla Climb Ropes Course, Zoomobile, Conservation Carousel, and the Tundra Air ride.
- Explore our NEW state-of-the-art Wildlife Health Centre, where you can catch a glimpse of the work we do behind-the-scene in our animal hospital.
- Take a walk through Indo-Malaya, home to tigers, orangutans, clouded leopards, greater one-horned rhinos and more! Plus, meet our adorable new calf, Kiran, born January 4, 2018. Then, stop by our Indo-Malaya Pavilion to see the NEW Asian Carp Exhibit.
- Visit the African Rainforest Pavilion to see one of the largest reptiles in the world, measuring up to 5 feet long and over 400 pounds, Aldabra tortoises are back at the Toronto Zoo! This pavilion is also home to our ring-tailed lemurs, pygmy hippos and the Gorilla Rainforest, home to our western lowland gorilla troop.
- Stop by our Americas Pavilion to see our NEW Blanding’s Turtle Exhibit where you can get a turtle’s-eye-view of the behind-the-scenes work we do with this important head-starting program.
- Explore the African Savanna, home to rhinos, hippos, giraffes, white lions and more!
- Check out our 10-acre Tundra Trek featuring our 5-acre polar bear habitat and underwater viewing area.
- Join us for daily informative animal Keeper Talks and feedings where you will see the animals up-close and learn interesting facts about our animals here at the Zoo.
- With over 100 species of fish throughout the Zoo, explore the Zoo's Great Barrier Reef exhibit in the Australasia pavilion, filled with moon jellies, seahorses and more.
- Explore our Discovery Zone* featuring:
Strollers, wagons and lockers are available to rent at the Main Entrance. Wheelchairs are available at no cost. ATM bank machines are located outside the Main Entrance and in the Africa Restaurant.
First Aid and Family Centre:
This centre is located between the African Rainforest Pavilion and Africa restaurant. Lost children are brought to the Family Centre. The First Aid & Family Centre is available for baby changing and feeding along with privacy for nursing mothers. This centre also offers first aid with private treatment areas available for visitors who require personal care.
*Seasonal and subject to change without notice.