Join the Zoo’s diverse team of active and outgoing adult Volunteers creating champions for wildlife!
link students to real-world learning in the Zoo’s living classroom by leading curriculum-based school tours on the Zoo site.
Parlez-vous Français? We also need fluent French speakers to lead school tours for French-immersion classes.
connect kids and adults to nature at interactive activity stations throughout the Zoo and create champions for wildlife at special events.
Requirements & Perks:
- Flexible commitment of 2 to 4 shifts per month (min 75 hours per yr. for 2 yrs.)
- Training is provided.
- No contact with our plants or animals.
- Zoo Volunteers receive free admission for themselves and a guest as well as free Zoomobile rides and a discount at the Zoo shop.
- Successful applicants for this and all Zoo Volunteer opportunities are required to obtain a satisfactory Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector search at their own expense before carrying out any Volunteer duties.
- Toronto Zoo is accessible and welcomes Volunteers of all physical abilities. Volunteers must be able to move themselves throughout the Zoo’s large site.
- Year-Round Volunteer Training involves both in-class components and on-site hands on practical sessions through which trainees learn the animal knowledge and interpretive skills required for their role.
- Volunteer applicants much complete all weeks of training before volunteering at the Zoo.
- Weekend Year Round training: runs on consecutive Saturdays in October and November (8 days). The first training date is Saturday, October 13, 2018.
- Weekday Year Round training: runs on consecutive Fridays in November through to mid-February (12 days). The first training date is Friday, November 2, 2018.
Recruitment for the 2018-2019 Year-Round program is now closed.
Click here to learn more about this program
||Year-Round Volunteer Guides|
Join our diverse team of dynamic and outgoing adults educating and inspiring visitors, taking the lead at special events, and promoting wildlife conservation.
||Summer Information Volunteers|
Inspire visitors' curiosity at seasonal interpretive stations throughout the Zoo, provide information to guests, and assist at special events.
||Short-term Volunteer Opportunities|
Fun and flexible Volunteer opportunities that allow you to use your people skills and get a taste of what volunteering at the Zoo is all about.