Join the Zoo’s diverse team of active and outgoing adult Volunteers creating champions for wildlife!
link students to real-world learning in the Zoo’s living classroom by leading curriculum-based school tours on the Zoo site.
Parlez-vous Français? We also need fluent French speakers to lead school tours for French-immersion classes.
connect kids and adults to nature at interactive activity stations throughout the Zoo and create champions for wildlife at special events.
Requirements & Perks:
- Flexible commitment of 2 to 4 shifts per month (min 75 hours per yr. for 2 yrs.)
- Training is provided.
- No contact with our plants or animals.
- Zoo Volunteers receive free admission for themselves and a guest as well as free Zoomobile rides and a discount at the Zoo shop.
- Successful applicants for this and all Zoo Volunteer opportunities are required to obtain a satisfactory Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector search at their own expense before carrying out any Volunteer duties.
- Toronto Zoo is accessible and welcomes Volunteers of all physical abilities. Volunteers must be able to move themselves throughout the Zoo’s large site.
Please Apply By:
Friday September 14, 2018
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview after this date.
Check back soon for our new online application
Click here to learn more about this program
||Year-Round Volunteer Guides|
Join our diverse team of dynamic and outgoing adults educating and inspiring visitors, taking the lead at special events, and promoting wildlife conservation.
||Summer Information Volunteers|
Inspire visitors' curiosity at seasonal interpretive stations throughout the Zoo, provide information to guests, and assist at special events.
||Zoo Ambassador Student Volunteers|
Secondary and post-secondary students are invited to enhance visitors' experiences at special events throughout the year and at our Zoo Kids camp during the summer months.