Join the Zoo’s diverse team of active and outgoing adult Volunteers creating champions for wildlife!
link students to real-world learning in the Zoo’s living classroom by leading curriculum-based school tours on the Zoo site.
Parlez-vous Français? We also need fluent French speakers to lead school tours for French-immersion classes.
connect kids and adults to nature at interactive activity stations throughout the Zoo and create champions for wildlife at special events.
Requirements & Perks:
- Flexible commitment of 2 to 4 shifts per month (min 75 hours per yr. for 2 yrs.)
- Training is provided.
- No contact with our plants or animals.
- Zoo Volunteers receive free admission for themselves and a guest as well as free Zoomobile rides and a discount at the Zoo shop.
- Successful applicants for this and all Zoo Volunteer opportunities are required to obtain a satisfactory Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector search at their own expense before carrying out any Volunteer duties.
- Toronto Zoo is accessible and welcomes Volunteers of all physical abilities. Volunteers must be able to move themselves throughout the Zoo’s large site.
Year-Round Volunteer training takes place annually in the Fall. Training involves both in-class and on-site hands-on practical sessions through which trainees learn the animal knowledge and interpretive skills required for their role. Volunteer applicants must complete all weeks of training before volunteering at the Zoo.
Weekend training: Saturdays starting October 7 to December 2, 2017
Weekday training: Mondays starting November 6 to December 4, 2017 AND January 8 to February 12, 2018
Please Apply By:
Deadline Extended to September 28, 2017!
Friday September 15, 2017
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview after this date.
To download a copy of the Year Round Volunteer Guide application form please click here
Click here to learn more about this program
Looking for a shorter-term commitment? Click through to our Panda Ambassador Volunteer program.
||Year-Round Volunteer Guides|
Join our diverse team of dynamic and outgoing adults educating and inspiring visitors, taking the lead at special events, and promoting wildlife conservation.
||Zoo Ambassador Student Volunteers|
Secondary and post-secondary students are invited to enhance visitors' experiences at special events throughout the year and at our Zoo Kids camp during the summer months.