Join our team of Volunteer Hosts, creating fun and memorable guest experiences at the Zoo!
Toronto Zoo Volunteer Hosts are friendly and welcoming faces for Zoo guests, providing information and directional assistance at various outdoor locations on the Zoo site.
This opportunity is for adults.
Qualities of a Successful Volunteer Host
- Enthusiastic and friendly.
- Good with directions. Knowledge of the Zoo site an asset, but not mandatory.
- Enjoy being outdoors.
- Organized with the ability to take direction well.
- Appreciation for wildlife and nature and the desire to learn more.
- Good verbal communication skills in English.
Requirements & Perks:
- This flexible Volunteer opportunity involves a commitment of 50 (or more) volunteer hours carried out between May 1 and October 31. Weekday and weekend, morning and afternoon shifts are available.
- Volunteers select their own preferred day(s) and times on which to complete their duties.
- Training is provided.
- Zoo Volunteers receive free admission for themselves and a guest, as well as free Zoomobile rides and a discount at the Zoo shop.
- Successful applicants for this and all Zoo Volunteer opportunities are required to obtain a satisfactory Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector search at their own expense before carrying out any Volunteer duties.
- Toronto Zoo is accessible and welcomes Volunteers of all physical abilities. Volunteers must be able to move themselves throughout the Zoo’s large site.
- Please note, Zoo Volunteers do not have contact with our plants or animals.
Please Apply By:
Friday March 16, 2018
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview after this date.
To download a copy of the Volunteer Host application form please click here.
Are you interested in a more in-depth volunteer experience? Click through to our Year-Round Volunteer and Summer Information Volunteer opportunities.
||Year-Round Volunteer Guides|
Join our diverse team of dynamic and outgoing adults educating and inspiring visitors, taking the lead at special events, and promoting wildlife conservation.
||Zoo Ambassador Student Volunteers|
Secondary and post-secondary students are invited to enhance visitors' experiences at special events throughout the year and at our Zoo Kids camp during the summer months.