The Toronto Zoo will be a dynamic and exciting action centre that inspires people to love, respect and protect wildlife and wild spaces.
The Toronto Zoo is set in the beautiful Rouge Valley. The
Main Entrance is located on Meadowvale Road, Toronto, north
of Highway 401 (Exit #389 eastbound and westbound). The Zoo is
accessible by car and public transit.
For T.T.C. information call (416) 393-4636 or visit ttc.ca
For Go Transit call (416) 869-3200 or visit gotransit.com
The Zoo has over 5,000 animals representing over 500 species.
There are over 10 km (six miles) of walking trails.
287 hectares (710 acres). One of the largest zoos in the world.
Explore the Discovery Zone, featuring the Kids Zoo, a dynamic, interactive children's wildlife experience,
Splash Island, an exciting two-acre water play area and the Waterside
Theatre, home of exciting family entertainment.
There are seven gift shops and kiosks located throughout the Zoo site.
Exhibits and Layout:
The Zoo is divided into seven zoogeographic regions: Indo-Malaya, Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Eurasia, Canadian Domain and the Tundra Trek. Animals are displayed indoors in tropical pavilions and outdoors in naturalistic environments, with viewing at many levels.
There are five rides: NEW Gorilla Climb Ropes Course, Zoomobile, Conservation Carousel, Camels and Ponies.
- Visit the Xie Shou Giant Panda Experience to meet Er Shun and Da Mao and explore the brand new Giant Panda Interpretive Centre!
- Check out our 10-acre Tundra Trek featuring our 5-acre Polar bear habitat and underwater viewing area
- See the Gorilla Rainforest, home to our Western Lowland Gorilla troop and young Nassir our juvenile (and exceptionally cute) gorilla
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef and surround yourself with moon jellies, seahorses, and huge viewing aquariums filled with many species of fish native to Australasia
- Our Kids Discovery Zone* featuring:
- Interactive Kids Zoo
- Cool down at our 1 acre splash pad, Splash Island!
- Twice daily (free) animal and bird shows at the Waterside Theatre.
Strollers, wagons and lockers are available to rent at the Main Entrance. Wheelchairs are available at no cost. ATM bank machines are located outside the Main Entrance and in the Africa Restaurant.
First Aid and Family Centre:
This centre is located between the African Rainforest Pavilion and Africa restaurant. Lost children are brought to the Family Centre. The First Aid & Family Centre is available for baby changing and feeding along with privacy for nursing mothers. This centre also offers first aid with private treatment areas available for visitors who require personal care.
*Seasonal and subject to change without notice.