The Toronto Zoo will be a dynamic and exciting action centre that inspires people to love, respect and protect wildlife and wild spaces.
There are currently no alerts for the Toronto Zoo. We hope you enjoy you visit!
The Toronto Zoo is set in the beautiful Rouge Valley. The
Main Entrance is located on Meadowvale Road, Toronto, north
of Highway 401 (Exit #389 eastbound and westbound). The Zoo is
accessible by car and public transit.
2000 Meadowvale Rd, Toronto, ON M1B 5K7
For T.T.C. information call (416) 393-4636 or visit ttc.ca
For Go Transit call (416) 869-3200 or visit gotransit.com
The Zoo has over 5,000 animals representing over 450 species. At the Toronto Zoo we are dedicated to providing the animals in our care with the means to live long and enriching lives. Visitors may come across animal feedings (which could include the feeding of prey items), breeding activities or other natural behaviours when visiting the Zoo.
There are over 10 km (six miles) of walking trails.
287 hectares (710 acres). One of the largest zoos in the world.
Explore the Discovery Zone, featuring the Kids Zoo, a dynamic, interactive children's wildlife experience,
Splash Island, an exciting two-acre water play area and the Waterside
Theatre, home of exciting family entertainment.
There are seven gift shops and kiosks located throughout the Zoo site.
Exhibits and Layout:
The Zoo is divided into seven zoogeographic regions: Indo-Malaya, Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Eurasia, Canadian Domain and the Tundra Trek. Animals are displayed indoors in tropical pavilions and outdoors in naturalistic environments, with viewing at many levels.
There are four rides: Gorilla Climb Ropes Course, Zoomobile, Conservation Carousel, and the Tundra Air ride.
- Visit the Giant Panda Experience to explore the state-of-the-art Panda Interpretive Centre and to meet Canada's only giant panda cubs! Meet Er Shun and her cubs, Jia Panpan and Jia Yueyue, plus our male giant panda, Da Mao.
- Check out our 10-acre Tundra Trek featuring our 5-acre polar bear habitat and underwater viewing area.
- See the Gorilla Rainforest, home to our Western Lowland Gorilla troop including young Nneka, our juvenile (and exceptionally cute) female gorilla born January 10, 2014.
- Take a walk through Indomalaya, home to tigers, orangutans, clouded leopards, Indian rhinos and more! Plus, meet our adorable new Indian rhino calf, Nandu, born February 17, 2016.
- Explore the African Savanna, home to rhinos, hippos, giraffes, white lions and more!
- Join us for daily informative animal Keeper Talks and feedings where you will see the animals up-close and learn interesting facts about our animals here at the Zoo.
- With over 100 species of fish throughout the Zoo, explore the Zoo's Great Barrier Reef exhibit in the Australasia pavilion, filled with moon jellies, seahorses and more.
- Explore our Discovery Zone* featuring:
Strollers, wagons and lockers are available to rent at the Main Entrance. Wheelchairs are available at no cost. ATM bank machines are located outside the Main Entrance and in the Africa Restaurant.
First Aid and Family Centre:
This centre is located between the African Rainforest Pavilion and Africa restaurant. Lost children are brought to the Family Centre. The First Aid & Family Centre is available for baby changing and feeding along with privacy for nursing mothers. This centre also offers first aid with private treatment areas available for visitors who require personal care.
*Seasonal and subject to change without notice.